Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

A Proud Moment





Kevin had his prom this past weekend, just like I've posted on Things that made us smile. I thought this deserved it's own blog entry as it really was a very proud moment for me. Normally, prom is associated with parents being overly giddy and embarrassing taking pictures of their sons and daughters. Yes I was guilty of that, but that was just the surface. I know for me, I was overwhelmed by emotion. You see, just 5 years earlier, the reality of our situation was that Kevin may not have even made it to his prom. He was diagnosed with cancer and for the past 5 years we've seen him battle through it. The months of treatment and the even longer years of recovery has molded him into the person he is today. And to see him healthy, happy and turning into a wonderful young man made this event even that much more special. We're so proud of my little brother, and I know that mom is looking down on him smiling too.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment