Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

What made us smile. Week of 04.29.12

Glen

  • Family time. Last sunday I played basketball with Kyreen's brothers and Dad. It's sad that my new family isn't as involved with each other as I've been blessed with in my childhood, but it makes finding time for each other a little more special. After basketball, we all sat down and ate dinner together. It's a rare event.
  • Life, filtered. On the ride home last Monday the sunset, clouds, and sky combined to create a stunning view. The entire world looked as if it had been instagrammed. Hey, when you commute 70 miles home each day, you gotta find things to appreciate about it.
  • Coming home to a cooked meal. There's little that I appreciate more than coming home to a meal cooked just for me. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach and Kyreen has wooed me yet again.
Kyreen

  • Prom. My little brother Kevin is growing up-- he had prom yesterday. It was nice to see how far he's come and to see that he's turning into a great young man. Also we got to do the annoying picture taking that's involved before he headed off to prom with his date. 
The fam with Kevin and his date Chelsea.
  • Cinco de Mayo. Or rather just Saturday May 5th. Hubby was oh so sweet in being my DD as I got to spend the night dancing and drinking with my girls. It's been a long while since we've done that and it was definitely nice to let loose.
  • Reconnecting with old friends. Friday night we got to have dinner with Glen's old friend Dave. It was nice to catch up and to finally meet their little son Isaac. He's the splitting image of Dave and has his energy to boot. Then today we got to spend a little time with my old friend Yvonne for her son Aaren's birthday. Yvonne is probably my oldest friend here in Salinas and it's always nice to catch up with her even if it was just for a brief time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment