Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

What made us smile. Week of 04.15.12

Kyreen

  • Vanessa's Baby Shower- There are a lot of things that took place during the baby shower that was a lot of fun. Too many things to list so I'll just list my top 3:
    1. Hosting and running the events of the shower was a lot of fun. Despite it being the first baby shower I've thrown, it went surprisingly well. I say good planning helps with the execution.
    2. The shower games were a blast. The main reason the games were a success, was because of the participants. Guests were super competitive which made the games all that more fun. Seeing everyone get involved was very entertaining. I also got compliments on the couples relay race that I came up with!
    3. Food- What's a Filipino party without food? I had probably the most amazing chip dip, fresh veggie pizza, cassava cake, and Nathan's (baby's nickname) shower cake. Vanessa's boss had made the chip dip and the fresh veggie pizza at home from scratch. And the cassava cake, courtesy of Vanessa's aunt, was borderline close to how my mom used to make it. Nathan's shower cake came all the way from Las Vegas and the red velvet with the fondant was probably one of the best I've tasted. The food, of what I could eat, was delish!
Glen
  • Denny's. We've recently made it a tradition to stop by Denny's in Morgan Hill after a night at the Tank (San Jose Sharks). Although they lost, we can always look forward to the good service.
  • Kara's Cupcakes. Kyreen surprised me with the best cupcakes in the world. The icing on the cake (see what I did there) was that Kara's finally made a Red Velvet cupcake. It's the closest thing to our wedding cake, in cup form.
  • Winning. Our beloved Sharks lost, but I won some lenses on Ebay after the winner didn't pay the seller. Sometimes 2nd really is good enough!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to a Sharks game! And we totally should have went this season!! On my things to do list.

    If you're ever in the East Bay, stop by Crumbs. They have the BEST cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lehua - Definitely go to a Shark's game. It's an incredible experience. The energy in the crowd is amazing. We were hooked after our first game and ended up buying a 10-pack for the next season (and still go to more games if time/budget allows).

    Will give Crumbs a try if I go that far north. I'm honestly not a cupcake fan, but Kara's is my exception.

    ReplyDelete