Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Blog of Sorts

Kyreen finally agreed to start a blog with me. It took a little bit of persuasion on my part, but she agreed to contribute. We used to own www.kyreenandglen.com back in 2007 when we were engaged. She was very diligent about updating and maintaining our site, which was devoted to our journey into becoming a married couple (the site and domain came as part of a wedding package). Sadly, we decided not to buy the domain and gave up the site. It’s one of the things in life that I regret.
Now that we’re starting this together, I have to give credit to a friend of mine, Lehua Cortez (Ruble). I was inspired by her personal blog at www.thegirlandboy.com but was hesitant because I was convinced I had nothing interesting worth posting about. I didn’t want a glorified Facebook/Myspace page. She told me that she started her blog that way and that it was like having a digital scrapbook of your life. Good point.
She went on to talk about how Facebook will eventually die out, like Xanga or the almost-dead Myspace. People have been blogging for longer, before it was even called “blogging”. Before blogging, people have been scrapbooking. It’s another medium to paint a picture of our life together. And it’s hard to call a Facebook page a digital scrapbook with all of your own posts getting buried under everyone else’s timeline updates. It’s just not the same.
Some things to look forward to:

  • Updates on our recent travels
  • Recollections of past travels
  • Random things we like
  • Pictures of our beagle, Napoleon
Welcome to our digital scrapbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment