Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

What made us smile. Week of 05.14.12

Kyreen
  • Getting voluntary cancelled at work. I was cancelled, voluntary or forced, for the first time in over two years. Which in turn gave me three nights off in a row! Such a small thing but it had a profound influence on my morale that week.
  • Baby shower at BJ's for a coworker. It was the first time since the economy hit that we all got together outside of work. We threw a shower for one of our coworker's who's having a baby due next month. I was a lot of fun to get dressed up with the ladies I work with and get together without having to hear call lights going off. 
  • Girl's night out. This past weekend was all about the ladies! Went out with my girls for our annual "Mother's Day" shopping trip to San Jose. We ate out for lunch and dinner, and literally shopped for almost 12 hours. Can't wait till next year!


Glen
  • House within a room within a house. Kyreen and I have finally started season 7 of House M.D. Yes, I know we're way way behind but with hockey being on every other day, it's hard to keep up with any show on TV. So, we abstain (from House) until the DVD/Blu-ray comes out. Then we proceed to torture ourselves even more by not watching all of the episodes in a single sitting.
  • Well-fitting pants are hard to find. Kyreen found me some on her "girl's night out". The fact that this girl still thinks of me when she shouldn't be is one of the reasons why I love her (and why she's stuck with me).
  • Saladmaster. Months ago, I cleaned out the shed and found a curious purple box that belonged to Kyreen's mom. In it was a Saladmaster. After doing a little research, I found out that they're not sold in stores, they're only sold door-to-door, and they're built like tanks because they're made in the USA. Our unit was brand new. It has found a new home on our kitchen counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment