Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

What made us smile. Week of 4.22.12

Glen

  • My haircut. With my schedule so erratic, I can't regularly go to my barber, so I decided to get my hair cut by Kyreen's stylist. Let me tell you, she's as beautiful as she is good. And she is good. I think she might be off the market, though. Sorry, fellas.
  • Harbor Sushi. We went to Lancaster, CA for a baby shower and in desert town with pretty much nothing but dirt and tumbleweed, there's an all-you-can-eat sushi joint. Normally, "all-you-can-eat" and "sushi" don't go together, but this place really pulls it off.
  • Friends making families. A high school friend of mine, Lehua, just gave birth to a beautiful girl. She has a blog where she's been chronicling her journey towards a family of her own. I'm really happy for her.
Kyreen
  • Harbor Sushi. Yes, Glen already mentioned it, but it really was a true gem in the most unlikely place. The rolls were delicious and unlike most "all you can eat sushi" places, they actually had rolls that you'd want to eat. None of these generic cucumber rolls or California rolls with fake crab meat, they served the good stuff. Definitely one of the places we'll be visiting again on our next trip to go see Vanessa and Phil.
  • Lunch with new friends. It's hard to make new friends, even harder to make new friends that are on the same timeline in their lives. Blanca came to work with us after some circumstances, and we've quickly become friends. Nothing better than food and great conversation to build on a friendship.
  • Prom. Kevin had finally asked the girl he's been crushing on forever to prom with him and she said yes! I got to help my brother pick out his tux for prom. Though I may have made other choices in terms of neutral colors vs color matching, it was definitely fun to be on the other side. Made me remember my own prom just 12 years ago! Man, I'm getting old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment